Care Associates (Coventry) Ltd
Are you a qualified carer or thinking of a career in Social Care?
Due to increased contracts Care Associates are currently recruiting full and part-time positions, including weekend or evening only work. All staff will be required to work part of the weekend. Own transport is essential. Care Associates work in all areas of Coventry, providing care and support to Adults and frail elderly people. This includes people with Dementia and other Mental Health problems.
Our training and selection policy ensures that all our staff are equipped to deliver individualised quality care. Experience not essential as full induction and training will be provided. Our training and qualifying courses are free to all staff. Successful candidates must pay for their own DBS check.
Job Title: COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER
- To provide practical, personal care and support to people in their homes in line with their assessed needs and wishes.
- Contract: See “Terms and Conditions”
- Areas of Responsibility: All Care Associates staff will carry out their duties with due regards for the agency’s commitment to non-discriminatory practice
- Staff will work closely with other agencies involved, with particular emphasis on current care plans, provided by Care Associates.
- To provide personal care and support where required with due regard for the rights and dignity of the service user
- To actively encourage the involvement of family where this is the wish of the Service Users.
- To work within the agreed care plan having regard for the changing needs of Service Users.
- To seek to improve the quality of life for Service Users, encouraging independence where appropriate.
- To undertake shopping and collection of prescriptions where appropriate, in line with instruction on the care plan.
- To record any approved financial transactions in a receipt book provided, obtain a signature from the Service User and submit receipt book for checking each month.
- To advise the agency Manager of any concerns or changing needs of Service User, including any change needed in the care plan.
- To respect the Service User’s right to confidentiality in keeping with agency policy, and data protection legislation.